Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Anna Nalick

Watch the video for Breathe. I bet she is a scrapbooker. Look at the walls in her video- they scream "life artist". I also like this message:
'Cause you can't jump the track, we're like cars on a cable
And life's like an hourglass, glued to the table
No one can find the rewind button, girl.
So cradle your head in your hands
And breathe... just breathe,
Oh breathe, just breathe

How many times have you wanted to do this, cradle your head in your hands and breathe. I know I have. Sometimes it's little things like the sleepover where the kids just wouldn't go to sleep. Sometimes it's a bigger issue-not being able to get your point across or misunderstanding an important relationship issue.

The other analogy she makes is this:
There's a light at each end of this tunnel,
You shout 'cause you're just as far in as you'll ever be out
And these mistakes you've made, you'll just make them again
If you only try turning around.

So the message is move forward, learn from your mistakes, embrace imperfection.

OK so I'm loving the stuff in Ali Edwards blog: http://www.aliedwards.typepad.com
I think I'm becoming a groupie.

No comments: